Activities at Deer Farm Campground
Deer Farm Camps & Campground offers many activities to bring you back to nature.
- ATV trails (permit required)
- For permit information visit : www.kingfield.me/recreational-lic-reg/
For trail information visit: www.atv-maine.com/
- Bike riding
- Fishing (permit required)
- Tufts Pond is just a short walk from the campground while Grindstone and Shiloh are more remote. Various streams and rivers also make for great fishing. For more information visit : www.kingfield.me/recreational-lic-reg/
- Enjoy a leisurely hike through the surrounding forest on old logging roads or hike one of the area's 4,000 foot peaks: Sugarloaf, Crocker Mountain, Bigelow Mountain, Mt. Abram, or Spaulding Mountain. The Appalachian trail crosses Route 27 just north of Kingfield.
- Nature walks and Birdwatching
- The surrounding woods and trails are home to deer, moose, black bear and many smaller creatures. Birdwatchers will enjoy the chance to spot a pileated woodpecker or any number of smaller songbirds.
- Small playground
- It isn't hard to find the perfect spot to lay back and watch the stars or a meteor shower.
- Tufts Pond is a clean, spring-fed mountain lake that is perfect for summertime swimming. The pond is shallow near the shore so it's great for younger kids. A raft is anchored further offshore for the more adventurous swimmer.